Spooky Spider Cookies
Serving: 12 | Time: 60 minutes
Truly, the only thing spookier than spooky spider cookies is how many calories & grams of sugar GATSBY Chocolate can save you in this recipe. This is an autumn comfort treat and fun to serve at any Halloween party this year (hopefully no one finds these too creepy!).Ingredients
- 1 GATSBY Chocolate Milk Chocolate PB Cups
- 1 bar of GATSBY Chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin, thoroughly dried
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups almond flower
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar, and pumpkin puree. Mix to combine.
- Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Stir until combined and & ensure there is no clumps of flour.
- Fold in 3/4’s of the chopped GATSBY Chocolate
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- After 30 minutes, use a cookie scoop or a spoon to scoop out about 1 inch dough balls, rolling them into balls in your hands. Place 2 inches apart on the prepared cookie sheet and bake at for 9 to 10 minutes or until the edges are set and the cookies have puffed up, but the middles are still underbaked (you can leave it in longer if you prefer).
- Cool for a few minutes put in place the GATSBY PB Cups on top of the cookie while the cookies are still soft.
- Add googly eyes (or you can draw on a set of eyes) on the PB cups
- Microwave the leftover GATSBY Chocolate in a sandwich bag.
Clip a tiny piece off of the corner of the bag to allow for piping and draw eight legs on each spider cookie.